How to reset an Android tablet PC to original Factory settings?
There are two methods to reset your Android tablet back to the original factory settings, one method uses menu functions, and the second method used external hardware keys.***IMPORTANT***Only use the second method of using external hardware keys if your tablet is completely locked up and will not boot to an Android session.
Before you do a reset, if your tablet is operational, it is strongly recommended that you perform a backup. Click here for details of How to backup a tablet PCHow to reset your tablet using menu functions?
How to do a hard reset using external keys?
- From the home screen, touch Apps
- Touch Settings
- Touch Privacy
- Touch Factory data reset
- Check the Erase USB storage box if you would like to erase all content stored
- Touch Reset tablet and follow the onscreen instructions
If your tablet is completely locked up and you cannot access the menu functions, use the following method to perform a hard reset using external keys on your tablet:
- Turn tablet off. You may need to use two hands in this process to press and hold buttons properly.
- Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the manufacturer logo, then press and hold the down Volume key. (you should not hold down the power button after it turns on and logo appears)
- "Android Recovery" will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button. (if you continue to press volume down at that message, the message will cycle through "RSD, Fastboot, and back to Android Recovery. Make sure message states Android Recovery before you go to next step). If stuck at a RSD protocol or Fast boot screen, reboot the tablet by holding power button then pressing the volume up)
- While screen states "Android Recovery", Press volume up button, the screen will say "Entering Android recovery mode" and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons
- Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections
- Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu
- Using the volume down button, scroll down to “Wipe data/factory reset”
- Tap Power hard key to select option
- Scroll down to select “Yes, delete all user data”
- Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
- You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.
- Tap the Power button to "Reboot system now" which will power-cycle tablet and eventually power back on to the Initial Set-up / Welcome screen present when you first turned on your tablet.